Monday, November 30, 2015

November Wrap-Up

I hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving had a great one - and for the rest of you, at least you didn't get a day off in the middle of the week to mess your schedule all up. Anyway, this was my first Thanksgiving being dairy-free and experimenting with gluten-free. Really, it amazes me the amount of food that doesn't need either, especially for Thanksgiving.

We have been so wet this last week that the ground literally goes 'slurp' when you walk across it. Thankfully enough, it's not been below freezing - otherwise probably all we would have had would be ice. Predictions say that once the rain stops it will get below freezing though. I'm just glad it held off.

I've decided to do things a little differently this month, see if I like it. Instead of adding the books that were DNF for me, I'll just post the ones I actually finished. I'm trying it out this month to see what I think of if.

I've been reading like crazy this month - and forgoing some TV - in an effort to get my TBR down to a manageable level. I started a book buying ban, too.

My secret for getting so much read this month? Do little else. (Seriously.) Also, I quit over thinking my next read. Usually, I would ponder what to read next - maybe letting the previous book soak in for part of a day. Now it's from one book, right to the next. Not sure that's the best way to be reading, but it's helped me get through things.

What I've been reading...
(lol, what haven't I been reading?)


The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines - *****
The Eighth Day by Dianne K. Salerni - ** - My Thoughts
The Naturalist by Christina Dudley - **


The Assassin's Salvation by Ruby Lionsdrake - **** - Review
UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn - **
Introductions by C.L. Stone - **** - Review


Winter by Marissa Meyer - *****
Victoria and the Rogue by Meg Cabot - ***
The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp - ****


The Child Prince by Honor Raconteur - ***** - Review 12/2
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter - ***
The Secret Box by Whitaker Ringwald - **


The Cloak Society by Jeramey Kraatz - ** - Thoughts
A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan - ** - Review 12/9
Prophecy by Ellen Oh - *** - Review 12/16


Hogfather by Terry Pratchett - **** - My review will be featured on The Regal Critiques in December!


Buying ban information to date...
I can buy/get free 1 book for every 5 I read.
Series continuations are free.

Physical books read: 9
E-books read: 7

Physical books I've bought: 0
E-books I've Bought: 1


What I've been watching...

The Flash, season one! Oh, this show is just so awesome! Seriously, I love superheroes, and this show is just great. The only quibble I have is that the season one finale did the EXACT SAME THING that the season one finale of The Arrow did. Kind of upsetting, but I tolerated it much better on here than I did on there. (Maybe because I liked the person they did it to just a bit less...)

I also rewatched season one of Numb3rs. It was a lot of fun because it's been ages since I saw the first season. Whenever I rewatch episodes, it's usually from the seasons 2, 3 and 4. (I like the new people they added, especially Megan.)

I have been watching other things, but these are the only shows I've actually finished any part of this month. I can just imagine, with all the 'nearly done' shows I'm working on, how next month will look. ;)


How's your November been? See any books you've read or that you want to? Am I the only one here that's watched The Flash? (Please, no spoilers for season two! I'm trying to remain oblivious to everything for now.) Any suggestions on how to get through a book buying ban?