Sunday, November 1, 2015

Survey: The Lunar Chronicles (Spoilers for the released books)

Celebrating Winter's Upcoming Release!

This is actually one of those 30 day challenges you can find on tumbler. Instead of doing this one day at a time (which I am horrible at) I decided to just answer all the questions now, like a survey. Also, I didn't actually answer all the questions, as some are things almost impossible for me to answer. (I am not going to subject you to my fanfiction. I wouldn't do that to anyone.) If you're interested in the whole list, I think you can probably find it on tumbler. I think that's where I found them. 


Where would you like to live?
New Beijing. We really didn't have a lot of descriptions about it, but the little that came through sounds lovely. I am also curious as to what England is like in The Lunar C's universe, so, depending on that, I might choose some place like London.

Lunar or Human? [Cyborg?]
Cyborg. Without a doubt. I'd love to have an arm or two that were enhanced and eyes that could access the internet anywhere. Course that would probably mean I'd lose my glasses and never do anything but surf the net. Yeah, second thought, I'll just take the arms please.

Queen Winter or Queen Selene?
While I'm not fully convinced she'd be the best ruler of the two, Winter, certainly. I like the girl that's her own special brand of crazy.

You're stuck on a desert island with one character, who? Why?
Wolf. Why? Because he would rip down every tree on that island, turn them into a raft and use his hands to paddle if he had to, all to get back to his alpha.

Favorite Main Character?
Thorne. And Scarlet. And Cress.

Levana or Sybil?
Sybil. Before I read Fairest, that answer would have been different, but Sybil at least has a chance for me to like her. Besides, she's intriguing.

Which character are you most like?
Cress. Her and I are both socially awkward. And I also tend to imagine myself in various situations to help me through an event I'm not comfortable with. Though I've never thought to be an actress. Usually I go with spy. Most often it's when I have to go to the doctor and I convince myself that I'm just there to get information or, sometimes, to rescue a colleague.  Yeah. Uh. Um. I'm guessing that's probably too much information, but, there you have it. (And now you know exactly how socially inept and awkward I am.)

Favorite Minor Character?
Doctor Erland. My opinion of him went from creepy, crazy old man to old man that I could consider a crazy uncle.

What do you think is the most empowering moment?
I don't know that I'd call it empowering, but I love the scene towards the end of Scarlet where Wolf's knocked out and then Thorne get's knocked out and it's pretty much up to Cinder with a little help from Scarlet to save the day.
Whose character development do you like best?
Cinder. Especially considering that she's the only character that has grown on me significantly since first meeting. 

Favorite Novella [OR Anything about The Lunar Chronicles]?
Can I admit that the only novella I've read is Fairest? Ever since it was announced that the other short stories and novellas were getting a bound-up, physical release, I've been avoiding even thinking about them. (Because I'm so excited for this!)

Favorite Fanart (be sure to source):
I totally love the series of headshots for the main characters that lostie815 did over at Deviantart. Confession: I actually used these to help me with my fancast later this month because this is exactly how I pictured them!






Besides these great pictures of our main cast, Lostie also has an amazing picture of Levana here and a gorgeous picture of Iko here.
Favorite Headcanon?
I don't tend to do headcanon pairings in my books, and this series is no different. (Though I tend to have a crazy amount of headcanons for TV shows.) Anyway, you'll find out why I don't for this series in the next answer.

Do you like the canon relationships? If so, why? If not, who would you put together instead?
Yeah, I do. I like how the people complement each other, while being different. And how no character is just a satellite love interest. (Or satellite character.) I also really like the way each relationship is different and has different reactions and interactions.

Where's a place that hasn't been visited, that you'd like to see in these books?
London. And Egypt in general.

Least Favorite Character? Why? How would you improve them?
Cinder. I've read her book twice and the first time I thought she was way too self-pitying for me and the second time I was annoyed at how she just seemed to go with the flow. I'm not sure if she gets better over time or if I just get more used to her, but she didn't seem as bad in Scarlet and Cress. I wouldn't 'improve' her. Just because she's my least favorite doesn't mean that she's not someone else's favorite.

Which character do you want as a best friend?
Thorne. I would have a total blast being around that guy.

Why is your favorite quote, your favorite quote?
Don't really have a favorite quote. I'm one of those people that doesn't write down quotes unless I'm needing it for my review and after a day or two, I cannot remember any quotes for the book anyway.

Your favorite book and why?
Cress. Because I like it the most.

What moment did your favorite ship become your favorite ship?
Cress - Pages 418 and 419: Pertaining to Scarlet and Wolf.
     She smoothed her skirt around her knees. "This Scarlet…you're in love with her, aren't you?"
     He froze, becoming stone still. As the hover climbed the hill to the palace, his shoulders sank, and he returned his gaze to the window. "She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.
     Alpha.
     Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees. "Like the star?"
     "What star?"
     She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's…like…your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously and now this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.
     But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed. "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged over the city. "Exactly like that."


Feel free to answer these questions yourself. I'd seriously love to know your favorites from this series.