Friday, May 27, 2016

May Wrap-Up


Another month another slew of books off my TBR!

I can't believe it's already the end of May. Where has my year gone?

Anyway, I've been really lazy this month - I think the Dog Days of Summer are setting in early - so all I've been wanting to do is read. Let's just say that this means I've read a crazy amount this month. So far this month, I've read more books than any other month this year and have also read more pages. Besides that, I have the highest average rating for the books I've read so far this year. (I love my spreadsheet, if you can't tell.)

Of the books I've read so far this month (as I know I'll read many, many more over the long weekend) only two of them were rated below three stars - and they were both series sequels. While I've gotten better about DNFing books, I still won't drop a series in the middle of a book.

(There've also been a lot of comics and manga this month.)

What I've been reading...


The Cassini Code by Dom Testa - ****
Earth Flight by Janet Edwards - *****


Karneval Omnibus #2 by Touya Mikanagi - *****
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer - *** - Review
Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes - ** - Review


Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines - ***
Improper Relations by Juliana Ross - **


Liberty by Lindsay Buroker - *****
The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary - ****


 

Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan - **** - My Thoughts
Hera 2781 by Janet Edwards - *****
The Scofflaw Magician by Honor Raconteur - *****


Heart of Ice by K.M. Shea - *****
Ms. Marvel: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson - ****
Arisa Vol. 11 by Natsumi Ando - ****


Arisa Vol. 12 by Natsumi Ando - *****
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - ** - Mini Review
Spark by Anthea Sharp - **** - My Thoughts


Once Upon a Scandal by Julie LeMense - ***** - Mini Review
Entreat Me by Grace Draven - ****


Buying ban information to date...
I can buy/get free 1 book for every 5 I read.
Series continuations are free.

Physical books read: 61
E-books read: 47

Physical books bought: 10
E-books bought: 18


What I've watched...

While I have a whole bunch of shows started and/or half-watched, this month has been mostly a little of this and a little of that and the only things I've finished have been a couple of rewatches.

I rewatched
Season 6 of Numb3rs
Season 2 of Elementary
Season 1 of Leverage


And there's my very boring month of May. How was yours? Has it started getting hot where you live, yet, or are you in the south and just getting started on winter? And does anyone else feel like all they want to do is curl up with a book and read?