Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Top Ten Favorite Websites Not About Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I will warn you, when I'm not looking at books on the internet, my browsing is rather frivolous. Very, very much so.

YouTube.com
Self explanatory, yes? I love music and I love AMV's.

BehindtheName.com
On a good day, I write. Names are very important, and this is one of my favorite resources for names.

NameBerry.com
And another favorite resource for names.

DeviantArt.com
I don't spend quite as much time here as I used to, but there are still some amazing things to be found.

LemmaSoft.Com
I have a slight obsession with visual novels and this website talks about those in development and those that are released. Free and commercial ones and occasionally those that are getting localized in English.

WarLight.net
Remember that old board game Risk? Well, now you can play it online against people. Though I just play against the computer.

WinterWolves.com
Another website for VN's, though this is an indie company. They make some pretty good games usually and I just love reading their forums.

TVTropes.org
This is a time sink. A very large, always fun, time sink. I love reading about various tropes and how their used and how I can use them while writing.

ArchiveofOurOwn.org
Somewhere along the way, this beat out FanFiction.net for my favorite source of fanfiction. The stories are kind of a mixed bag, but some of them are really great and the search functions are stellar.

Google.com
If I can't include book websites, I probably spend the most amount of time on Google. Just in general and all the stuff I look up on a daily basis.


Told you, frivolous. Anyway, how about you?