Friday, October 28, 2016

October Wrap Up


I can't believe it's almost the end of October. Where did my month go? Oh, wait, no, I know where it went. A month to a month and a half's worth of playing Dragon Age: Origins. Yeah. That's what happened. And, let me tell you, on my first playthrough, it was really difficult to balance spending so much time on that game and making time to read. (I think I kind of obsessed over the game a little at first. And, though I've already bought Dragon Age: Inquisition, I really, really don't want to install in because I know how it's going to eat another month right up.) For the last week or so, I've also been playing Worlds Dawn. It's a little farming/life sim that's okay - but it's a massive timesink.

Hopefully for the next few days, I'll get caught up on things like commenting on other's blogs, replying to comments on my own and getting a few more posts scheduled out for November.

That being said, I hope everyone has a great Halloween, eat lot's of candy and dress-up as something cool!


What I've read this month...



Cosmic Storm by Dom Testa - ****
Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson - **** - Review to come 11/3

Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce - ***



Time's Divide by Rysa Walker - ***
Imprudence by Gail Carriger - *****
Red Hood's Revenge by Jim C. Hines - *****

I actually started several other books, but they were all DNF's because they were just that bad. Also, I'm kind of proud of myself this month because I've started/read/tried to read all except one book on my October TBR. I'm currently reading Villains by Necessity and not even a quarter of the way through - but it's a 500+ page book and I really think it's going to take me ages to read. Though it is really good so far.


What I've been watching...
Not a lot of any one thing but bunches of two episodes of this and movies. Shows I've finished are Space: Above and Beyond which...turned out a lot worse than I was expected judging by the first six to nine episodes. Also, I watched season one of The Sentinel and thought it was pretty fun. A nice change of pace from my usual shows.

I think I've seen somewhere around seven movies this month, but special mention needs to be made of two awesome ones I've seen. Tangled (if you like fairytales and haven't seen this one, watch it) and Green Lantern.


Well, there's the month of October for me. I am hoping I can get a few more books read next month - but quality wise, I think I did rather well. (At least I'm learning that DNFing books makes me enjoy reading a lot more!) Love to know your plans for Halloween - even if they're going to make me jealous because you're going to a haunted house/corn maze or if you're just being like me and staying home to watch movies!